Sunday 30 September 2007

Yossarian lives?

Pete's uploaded the photos he took of our work-sponsored paintballing day yesterday. They're pretty good, although I didn't quite respond properly to the instruction "look aggressive"...

Still, the aggression started early when our bus driver pulled away from the train station and cut up a taxi. At the next set of lights there was a great deal of "you think you're f***ing 'aard like?", "come over 'ere an' say tha'" and other scouse cliches. So we knew we were in for fun!

It was a really cool day - there were over 70 people playing, of which we made up 17. QA demanded to be in their own team, fighting the programmers.. which made for some entertaining trashtalk :)

I'm amazed today by the effect adrenaline must've had to keep me going all day - when I got home yesterday I discovered a 10cm purple bruise on my shoulder that I hadn't noticed, and today I woke up to find my legs didn't work. That's gonna make biking to work fun tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever find out who that shot was from? I would try to claim it's me, but I'm not American so friendly fire wouldn't be acceptable.
Wicked day tho!

chrismcr said...

I think I remember some generic "baddy" on the other team firing the shot. No idea who it was, some bast*rd from QA no doubt :)